Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And Baby Makes Three

Where have I been???? Oh yeah, well as it happens, for the last 6 months I've been busy trying to prepare to become a mom. Ha! As if anyone can actually learn all they need to learn to be a good parent from 9 months worth of library books. However, I've got to start somewhere. Yes, we are expecting!

So to recap the pregnancy so far, the first 3 months were terrible. I felt nauseous, irritable and totally exhausted all the time, although, thankfully I never actually got sick (maybe because I avoided food and drink?). Anyway, once I climbed on into the second trimester I got to feeling much better and got some of my energy back. Well, certainly enough energy to enjoy a vacation overseas (more on that another time) and make it through almost all of my usual work schedule without killing any coworkers. Now I'm starting to enter the last trimester and other than the backaches and the fatigue I can't complain much. I've started to get a baby bump too, making things start to feel a bit more real.


We do know it's a boy but we haven't yet started to get his room ready or anything. We're just enjoying the anticipation and the excitement for now and taking it day by day until we meet him. Reading books, starting our childbirth classes and making a dent in our honey-do list takes up most of our free time now and we're pretty happy about that.

2 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you two!!

Anonymous said...

Love the first baby picture. It is included in the family picture book. He looks so handsome. MIL