Perhaps management was tired of our recyled bomb jokes or maybe they were sticking it to us for voting in the union contract that brought us up to livable wages, either way we were denied our patriotic treat this year. However, we had the night off and the next day off too so we felt like "normal" people able to enjoy a holiday and quickly got over the bomb pop setback. Now grilling is prohibited on the balcony (although our downstairs neighbor doesn't seem to know this for some reason) and we don't have a grill anyway but we have the next best thing - a Forman, and that's what we used for dinner that night. I made tuna burgers and threw them on the Forman. They turned out great although they were overshadowed by the crash hot potatoes I made to go with them. Keck also whipped up a garlic feta dip that was nothing short of divine and went well with the tuna burgers as a condiment. Another drawback to apartment living is the lack of overhead lighting in our dining/living room, so the pictures are a bit dark but here's an idea of our July 4th spread.
After dinner we watched a terrible movie (that I didn't pick out, by the way) and then watched 2 fireworks shows from the balcony.
I totally ripped this picture off google images because I have yet to get myself a tripod so I can properly take my own fireworks images. Also, I must admit that this is not quite the view we have from the balcony, as I'm sure you can guess.
The next day we enjoyed our flag cake, since we'd gotten a late start on it the day before and were too tired to see it through that night. We also went to the movies, where we saw a great film (my choice this time) and just relaxed watching the track qualifying matches on NBC. Boy, are we ever getting hyped for those olympics. 08-08-08 hurry up already, the olympic nerds await!
Oh, and a special shout out to Keck on this one - he decorated the cake all by himself.


3 comments:
Good job Keck on that cake! We opted out of the traditional flag cake this year, because I had been too lazy to buy the stuff before that day. We ended up having brownies and ice cream- the old stand-by!
I would not be happy about not getting my sugar bomb- I guess they are trying to save money anyway they can these days, hu?
Now, go buy yourself a tripod with those liveable wages!
We had a red, white and blue cake too but the red berries left red tracks and the blue berries kind of moved out of place so the effect was not the quality of your talent cook. It was cheese cake too which Tim says is YUKKY. MIL
what movie did you watch?
Post a Comment