For a long time I resisted coloring my hair. I didn’t want to deal with the hassle of maintaining it and I was worried about straying from my natural color. Well as the gray started creeping in without any regard to my hesitations I decided I wanted to take the plunge. I started with just a metaphorical dip of my toes in the pool to test the temperature – I got highlights. As I sat under the dryer I worried they would be too light and obvious but once it was all over I actually liked it. The next time I stuck with the highlights and went a bit lighter and most recently I colored it all a base color close to my natural color and really went for it with the highlights. It’s gotten mixed reviews. Some think it’s too light others like it as is and still others feel I could push it even more. The best thing about it all, however, is how fun it’s been to change my look even if it has been somewhat subtle. I’ve been gathering confidence along the way and now I’m ready for something more dramatic. At least as I type this I'm ready, once I'm in the salon it may be a different story...
I’ve narrowed it down to a few different looks. I just don't know if I'll go lighter, darker or try a whole new shade. I guess it'll be a surprise - maybe even to me.

Maybe a different darker or lighter shade all together?
How about a darker crown with ligher ends instead?
Drastic and daring or safe and subtle?

We'll see how it all goes I suppose...
3 comments:
My favorite is the darker crown with the lighter ends. :)
my favorite is your beautiful hair in its natural color. Why mess with perfection?MIL
I vote for your beautiful natural color. It is my favorite. MIL
Post a Comment